Sunday 28 February 2010

Comfort food

Just as Line thot that last nite was the last makan we were gonna have before she left for KT, I popped up from the back of the van to surprise her today. Abt a week ago, I had (after much prayer!) managed to swap out of a work shift so that I could be around with her and send her off. And I am thankful that God allowed this to work out. He knows best, I suppose!

Seeing her lighten up a little after a relaxing foot massage and some bak kut teh comforted me... that at least she was a little better than she was earlier in the morning, when i sensed her being rather out of sorts, to say the very least. Well, tho it's not as simple as for all that to go away after a massage and a bowl of bak kut teh, it did provide some respite. That, i suppose, was enough. After all, sometimes, a breather gives us that bit more of strength to keep going.

Anyways, here's the bak kut teh that we thot was one of the better ones we've had... peppery enough... as Dom's exclaimation on his first sip puts it "Wah! pepper free one ah?!"




Song Fa Bak Kut Teh
Rochor Centre

No comments: