Saturday 6 March 2010

Local delights.... Kuala Trengganu

Writing all the way from Kuala Trengganu, Malaysia. Have been here almost a week. I don’t really know much about the place, but life is definitely slower here. Today, we had a half day recollection. So, Sr. Mary Peter Ng went out to buy some food for lunch. She bought some local delights. My first reaction when I open…errr….. purple rice!!! Weird!! But had to change the image of it cause it’s still food…ermm… it’s interesting.

It tasted really good. It's a bit spicy too. Over here, the locals eats them for breakfast too, even the children, that’s what they bring to school for snack time.

I was so eager to share with all of you… so I bravely ask the sisters if I can take a photo to share with my friends…. Yeah!!! They were all so excited to say, of course!!!

So here’s my entry…

The one in trianglar shape is called Nasi Kelabu (2 ringgit)
The one in the box is also called Nasi Kelabu with meat (3 ringgit)
The one in cone shape is called Nasi Dagang (1 ringgit)
The one in the leave is called Tapai (1 ringgit for 2 bundles)

Ha ha… at least I managed to name them all… of course asking the sisters and writing it down. 

2 comments:

Kare said...

Line! So glad to read your sharing :o) Enjoy your community life there! *hugs*

*fral* said...

wah! banyak food you got there! ;-) hope you can tahan the food di sana! :-D take care!